, , , ,

Nexxus

12:18

Recently I received some products by the brand Nexxus, who I had seen floating around the bloggersphere from a lot of my favourites ‘hair heroes’, so when they got in touch I knew I had to see if they lived up to the hype. They’re a New York brand founded in 1979, with a salon that opened in 2014 who then released their own range of products and unique treatments with ingredients extracted from nature. They’ve come up with ranges for pretty much every hair type you could imagine, and with damaged hair from bleach, I knew that the more softening and conditioning ranges were going to be my cup of tea.I opted for the Oil Infinite range, which renews and restores the look and feel of frizzy hair for ultimate smoothness. It came with a silicone free shampoo, a conditioner, a hair masque (if you’ve seen any of my beauty recommendations, you’ll know I’m obsessed with hair masques!!!) and a nourishing hair oil.

nexxus3finalnexxus1final

To test the waters, I took the hair products along with me to Italy as I would be over there for work and thought the heated conditions would be best to try them out in. I started washing my hair with the shampoo and conditioner, which aims to add luminosity and shine. After the first wash, I noticed my hair started to feel very silky, which I find hard to achieve with other hair washing products as they often dry out my hair and leave it feeling a bit scraggly and thin. I have very naturally thick hair so it’s important for me to use lots of conditioner and enriching products to ensure that it gets clean and stays smooth. The Nexxus Oil infinite shampoo and conditioners (which contain Babassu and Marula oil) left my hair in great condition after spending a day basking in the hot Italian sun, so I was super impressed by those for not only making my hair soft and shiny, but also making it much more manageable to brush and style.

nexxus2final

Before going to bed, I tried out the Nexxus oil infinite hair masque by applying it from the middle parts of my hair down to the ends, then left it on for 5 minutes and rinsed it out thoroughly. One thing that stood out to me was the sweet smell of the masque, and it pretty much stayed lingering in my hair for the next couple of days. It left my hair looking incredibly shiny and feeling very bouncy and soft, which I massively benefited from while shooting in Florence. I felt as if it repaired the look of my damaged hair from the roots, which I don’t usually feel with other hair masques I use.

edits

The Nexxus infinite hair oil was probably my favourite product from the range as my hair gets extremely frizzy, especially when I’m away in a hot country! I could easily take it everywhere with me as it fits in my handbag so I can get it out at any time during the day to tame my frizzies! I’m used to using coconut oil on my hair, but sometimes it leaves my hair feeling all sticky and can smell a bit strange, so I much prefer to use oils, and this one leaves a gorgeous smell on my hair without it feeling greasy. You can also use it on wet hair as well as dry, which I found useful as it helped majorly when brushing my hair after getting out of the shower.

nexxus6final

To get the best results from the Nexxus Oil Infinite range I found that it’s best to add the products into your daily hair care routine and use them all together, seeing as they all work well together to make your hair the best it can be, depending on your hair type. It’s cool how all the products by Nexxus are designed with hair science in mind as well as using nature inspired ingredientss, for example the products are formulated with high content of proteins to help replenish hair (which is naturally made up of 90% protein!). Plus, I absolutely love the sleek packaging by Nexxus and the shapes of their products, all of which I think look very unique and stylish. Nexxus products are now available across the UK online, and you can get them here through amazon!

The post Nexxus appeared first on She Wears Fashion.



source: She Wears Fashion http://ift.tt/2x5l9xD

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.