, , ,

3 Ways My Style Has Evolved Since Starting My Blog

11:10

DETAILS: BLUSH BRALETTE & BOTTOMS

Somebody asked me the other day how my style has changed and it made me stop and think! The first year or two of my blog I look back on a lot of my outfits and laugh – those were definitely the years I was finding my aesthetic, haha. The next couple years I pretty much lived in heels (even while I was pregnant with Beckam). My style was always pretty feminine, put together, and colorful. Now looking back, I feel like my style has continued evolving. Motherhood has shaped and changed my style. Now I would say:

1. Neutral Takeover: My closet used to look like a full rainbow. From clothes, to bags, to shoes, I was always drawn to bright colors. Now I gravitate towards neutrals – they are a lot more versatile so you get more wear out of them and they are a lot easier to mix and match. Don’t get me wrong, I still love color! But I usually stick to a lot of soft shades or pastels and only a few bright statement pieces.

2. Mixing High and Low End Pieces: This is one way I think most people’s style will evolve, at one point of another. My first outfit posts were all budget finds since Cody and I had just gotten married and were trying to save as much as possible. Once my clothing line and blog started to grow, I found myself splurging more and I eventually learned which pieces you should splurge or save on. Now I incorporate a mix of high-end and budget-friendly pieces and feel like I really get the most out of my pieces.

3. Comfort always wins: Growing up, I was the biggest tomboy! I think along the way once the blog became such a big part of my life, I started trading in my sneakers and sweats for stilettos and skirts. Recently I feel like I’ve reverted back to a laid back style, so it’s a balance of both comfort and fashion. At home I am always in my loungewear. Jockey just launched their Cotton Allure collection at Macy’s and they are so lightweight and comfortable. I usually hate to wear bras but I’m obsessed with their bralette! (Also love the pretty satin waistband on the bralettes and bottoms!)  The whole collection has that barely-there fit, they are really comfy whether you are dressed up for the day or lounging at home.

 

Below are a few more comfortable and classic loungewear pieces from the Jockey Cotton Allure collection. I’m obsessed with their classic collection and love the feminine silhouette of the new line – what do you guys think?

XX, Christine

*In collaboration with Macy’s

The post 3 Ways My Style Has Evolved Since Starting My Blog appeared first on Hello Fashion.



source: Hello Fashion https://ift.tt/2NMlyxf

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.