, , ,

4 Fall Pieces to Transition Any Dress for Any Occasion

12:12

leather jacket and lace dress

lace and velvet dress

hello fashion dressed up

4 pieces to transition your dressier dresses for any occasion

DETAILS: BLACK VELVET DRESS  (LOVE THIS ONE) | LEATHER JACKET (SIMILAR HERE) | BLACK ANKLE BOOTS

hello1

otk boot outfit inspiration

DETAILS: BLACK VELVET DRESS (LOVE THIS NAVY OPTION) | OVER-THE-KNEE BOOTS

As much as I love to get dressed up, my favorite looks are always those that balance the feminine and the edgy. When I found this dress I was instantly obsessed – I love the velvet and lace combo! It’s a little sweeter than I normally go but dresses are one of the easiest pieces to give your own spin and adapt to fit your style. You can transition them for any occasion with a few edgy or casual additions –  some of my favorites are below:

1.) Leather jacket: Is there any look that a leather jacket can’t instantly transform? It’s my first addition to toughen up any look. I love the edgy moto vibe against the sweet lace and velvet detail in this Elie Tahari dress (love this one). It makes even the most feminine dress a perfect option to wear during the day or to work meetings.

2.) Ankle boots: My pump collection is proof – I never say no to a good pump. But sometimes the obvious shoe isn’t always the best shoe. Go for something just as sophisticated but a little more unexpected with a sleek bootie. I also love an embellished ankle boot for more of a statement. It will instantly take a classic lace dress to a new level that works in the office with a blazer or by itself out for dinner after.

3.) Soft sweaters: One of the coziest ways to transform a dress is with a pretty pullover sweater. I especially love this look with fitted dresses (obsessed with this suede dress!) or to highlight pretty details on the hem. How pretty are these tassels?

4.) Over-the-knee boots: Hands-down the best way to rock your mini dresses well beyond fall – ditch your tights for an over-the-knee boot! The combo is such a clean look, shows just enough skin to be sexy but still warm, and may be the easiest possible pairing to pull off.

Below are a few more amazing dresses that you can transition for any occasion:

XX, Christine

*In collaboration with Saks Fifth Avenue and ShopStyle.

 



source: Hello Fashion http://ift.tt/2dNDWWB

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.