, , , ,

Enlighten teeth whitening

13:01

 I’m usually quite good at avoiding sugary foods and drinks, so my teeth have always been pretty perfect in terms of hygiene. I’ve never needed fillings and l regularly brush/floss so my dental health has never worried me. However over the years I’ve noticed that my teeth have been slightly stained due to drinking copious amounts of tea! I’ve tried a few homemade remedies to whiten my teeth in the past but I found that they never really made an improvement, or if they did it would only last for a couple of days or so.

I was pretty excited when I got an email from the Enlighten team asking if I wanted to try out one of their kits and attend a few appointments to get the treatment done. The nearest clinic they were available to try out at was the Doody Dental practice in Dronfield, Woodhouse (which is about a 20 minute bus ride from my house).

enlightenedit1

doody

x   x   x

The first appointment was a consultation, and the following two were for treatment sessions. I spoke to my dentist Collin, who eased any nerves by reassuring me that the kit was safe and simple to use. Once I had my teeth checked, some plastic moulds were made from them, which I could then later collect to be fitted at my next appointment. For two weeks I wore the teeth moulds every night with a whitening gel inside, that I applied easily with the syringes provided so that I knew exactly the amount of serum to put into them. For the first week I used one of the serums (the 10% one) then the second week I moved onto the second gel provided. Wearing the retainer-like mould made my teeth feel a bit strange at first, and I found myself waking up in the night a couple of times to try and take it out in my sleep! But I eventually got used to it, and the invasive feeling of it went away after the first couple of days. Overall the kit was pretty easy to use, and I received a special Enlighten toothpaste to apply before and after using the teeth moulds. It pretty much supplies you with everything you need.

x   x   x

enlightenedit3

enlightenedit5

enlightenedit7

x   x   x

After the full two weeks my teeth were a little bit sensitive but I was told that this was normal and would only be temporary/last a day or 2, and after the final night of wearing the Enlighten moulds I noticed a pretty big difference in the colour of them!

I was super impressed with the results, my teeth are whiter than they’ve ever been, and the yellow staining from drinking tea has completely vanished! I feel like Enlighten was a very safe way to get my teeth looking whiter, since I always had the option to call up the dental practice at any time if I had any queries or issues with the process.
I’ve been using my Enlighten toothpaste to maintain and further protect my teeth post treatment, and so far they have still remained very pearly! I would highly recommend one of the kits to anyone that wants a faster and safer way to whiten their teeth, and for the best results always go to your nearest dental practice, seeing as my dentist Collin knew exactly what the procedure entailed and could explain everything to me so I knew I wouldn’t make any mistakes!

x   x   x

doody2

The post Enlighten teeth whitening appeared first on She Wears Fashion.



source: She Wears Fashion http://ift.tt/2uOEHIj

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.