, , , ,

Where have you been?

12:41

I felt incredibly anxious writing this post, as it has been an incredibly long time since I have been active on this blog and social media, that I was afraid of what people would say as soon as I started posting again. More importantly, where have I been?

Last year, I decided that I wanted to go travelling again on my own. Long time readers of the blog will know that I went solo backpacking for 5 weeks in Asia, and it was one of the best things I had ever done. This time around, I wanted to hit up New Zealand and Australia, then head over to the parts of Asia I had heard so much about and hadn’t had the chance to see last time. The hit list was made, and New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam were the places I wanted to see, and I meticulously planned my 3 month trip with a return flight coming home on September the 17th 2015.

Fast forward to Indonesia, and I realised that I wanted to stay longer, and I remember having a conversation with a guy called David from Edinburgh, who spurred me on to stay another month. The Philippines and Myanmar were added into the list, due to meeting people along the way who would say ‘I did this, it was amazing’.. little did I know that this phrase would be thrown around in regard to all sorts of different countries, and change my life forever.

backpost17 backpost13 backpost12 backpost3 backpost5 backpost14

I went solo backpacking for 10 months altogether. 17 countries. 46 flights. 10 buses. 8 trains.

Amazingly no Passports misplaced, luggage lost, planes missed and phones broken, no really scary moments and nothing of worth stolen.

I conquered New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong, Macau, India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal, Myanmar, Cambodia and China.

I got my scuba diving license, walked the Great Wall of China, trekked Everest base camp, Sky dived and bungee jumped, saw the beauty that is the Taj Mahal, swam with sharks, volunteered teaching English, rode a camel, bathed with elephants, held a koala bear and a snake, slept in a monastery, got my nose pierced and then a tattoo, I fell in love, I fell out of love, and overall, fell in love with the beauty that is Backpacking solo.

I know I have been incredibly absent on the blog and instagram, and for me, taking a bit of time out was incredibly important for me during this trip. I learnt a lot about myself and the things I wanted to achieve in life, and I realised that I wanted to carry on blogging including things outside of just fashion. I worked really hard when I got back on a brand spanking new layout, and new categories such as lifestyle and travel, which ultimately I would like to venture into more of, as well as carrying on with my biggest passion, which is always going to be personal style and fashion.

backpost19backpost1 backpost4 backpost6 backpost11 backpost15 backpost16 backpost18 backpost8 backpost2 backpost7

I’m back now, and what you can expect is not only current things and events which are happening, but also lots of posts about the different things I did in each and every country i visited. I want to start making videos again talking about some of the amazing things which happened to me on these trips, and I would love for you guys to let me know what you want to see.

I also want to do more recipes, as I have now changed my diet to a plant based one, and I have become absolutely obsessed with vegan food and vegan cooking.

Thank you for sticking with me this long and I hope you are all just as excited as I am for what is in store for she wears fashion. I will be blogging at least 15 times a month (every other day) but I would like to get posts out almost every day if I can, so let me know what you would like to see 🙂

backpost10

 

The post Where have you been? appeared first on She Wears Fashion.



source: She Wears Fashion http://ift.tt/2eANkM0

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.