, , ,

Bedroom Gallery Wall

09:04

bedroom gallery wall

custom frames framebridge

I love this drawing Mara did of the whole family. The kids are so good at art! I love to save it all, I have a box full of all the random pieces they have done through the years. I was so excited to be able to mail in one of their pieces to get framed. I’m obsessed with the floating mount they did!

diy gallery wall

tips to creating a gallery

We knew we wanted to get maps of places that were important to us and love these prints of Paris and London. Paris has always had special meaning to me, it was the first mother son trip I did alone with B, but getting to go back this summer with the whole family made it more magical. The Eiffel Tower was the kids’ favorite spot – more so than anywhere else we visited in Europe. Then London was the first place Cody and I went on our first real adult trip (being away from the kids for more than just a day); it was special to us because it’s also where Cody served his mission.

hello fashion blog

custom gallery wall hello fashion blog

These are all tickets from memories or events that hold special meaning to me and Cody, but the best part is that Cody is actually the one that saved all of these ticket stubs! He has the first movie we went to and everything! He is always better about remembering dates and stuff than I am.

hello fashion blog home

hello fashion photo gallery wall

grey and white bedroom

framebridge

master bedroom gallery wall hello fashion blog

hello fashion bedroom and home

framing ideas hello fashion blog home

GALLERY WALL: BLACK FRAMES (THESE SIZED UNDER $100) | WHITE FRAMES (THESE SIZES UNDER $100)

NIGHTSTAND: SILVER FRAMES

FURNITURE: WHITE TUFTED BED | MIRRORED END TABLES (OLD – SIMILAR HERE) | GREY CHAISE (GIFT FROM CODY | IN STORE – SIMILAR HERE) | FLOOR LAMP

BEDDING: GREY QUILT | WHITE TEXTURED SHAMS | GREY TEXTURED SHAMS | WHITE FUR PILLOW | BLACK PATTERNED THROW

We have been in our house for over a year and still haven’t hung any frames in our room! It’s something I’ve really wanted to do but we never got around to actually making it happen. It’s crazy because we literally take pictures every week, but I never got around to framing things.

Since our bedroom is more of an intimate space we wanted to create a gallery wall that was really meaningful to us, where every piece has a special meaning or memory behind it. Not all of those pieces were typical “art” pieces – some were drawings from the kids and little mementos we had saved over time which meant custom framing. I can be a bit of a perfectionist and overanalyze every single detail, so I had to map out everything and rearrange it 20 times because I am so indecisive lol.

Framebridge made it super easy and has visual mock-ups so you can really see and picture the space. You upload your prints or images (we also sent in some personal mementos we wanted framed – they send you a prepaId label and packaging so you can send the pieces in really easily) and view them in any frame until you decide on the frame you want. (You can use their gallery wall service for under $100 and they will create a mock up with the frames in your space.) I’m such a visual person, I liked getting a true picture of what it was going to look like before I had everything framed.

We wanted the design to be sleek but still light and airy so we decided to stick with thin white and black frames. We landed on the Mercer Slim black frames and Irvine Slim for the white frames and I love how clean and minimalist it turned out for the space. They also have some really cool embellished frames – I love this riveted style  and this rippled effect. I’m planning on getting for some other spots in our home.

Also I have to point this out because I am less than handy when it comes to hanging stuff! I have relied on my dad way tooooo much throughout the years to always help me. 🙂 All the frames came wired, with the proper nail and hook depending on the picture size. This was soooo helpful because when I went to hang the prints in my office it took my two trips to the store to get the right nails and wire to hang my pieces!

We had so much fun putting the wall together. It’s always crazy to me how much hanging things make a space feel so much better and that those sentimental reminders and mementos are so much better on display than in a box. 🙂 I’ve partnered with Framebridge to offer an exclusive discount code for you guys! Get 15% off now through December 9th 2016 with code: HELLOFASHION15. Framed pictures or art would be the best gifts for grandparents for the holiday!

 XX, Christine

*In collaboration with Framebridge.



source: Hello Fashion http://ift.tt/2c8I15O

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.