, , ,

Ranunculus Fields

05:20

Hello Fashion Blog Flower Fields

Pretty Flower Fields

Carlsbad Flower Fields

Ranunculus Fields Hello Fashion Blog

One of my favorite pictures because I never want to forget his little hugs, and tiny arms wrapped around my legs. Sometimes it is just for a hug and sometimes it’s the reminder he wants to be held.

Mother and Son Date Ideas

Pink Ranunculus Carlsbad Flower Fields

Mother and Son Date Ideas Hello Fashion Blog

Flower Fields in the US

pink flowers

Carlsbad Flower Field Tractor

Christine Andrew family

flower fields hello fashion blog

Prettiest Flower Field in the US

Hello Fashion Blog Travel posts

DETAILS: WHITE MAXI DRESS | GLADIATOR SANDALSWATCH

BECKAM: STRIPED POCKET TEE | SHORTS | WHITE VELCRO CONVERSE

I have been meaning to post these pictures forever. I had been dying to go to the ranunculus fields in Carlsbad since before Cody and I got married. The lady who did the flowers for my wedding (we got married in La Jolla just a couple minutes from here) told me about this place and I have been so anxious to go but was never in the area at the right time until this year! It was the last weekend it was open and I was so happy to make it before it closed especially at the age Beckam is. I can’t remember when it started but I jokingly had him smell some flowers when he was like one-ish and did pig noises as I smelt them, he thought it was the funniest thing in the world so now every time he sees flowers he makes the same noise. It’s a silly two second thing but it’s made going to places like this that much greater because of those silly, special moments.

Cody and I have been trying to spend more one on one time with the kids. We love family time but it’s fun to have one on one time and get a different dynamic out of them. I put together some fun Mommy-Son Date ideas we like to do to maybe spark some ideas for you and your mini:

10 Mommy and Son Date Ideas:

  1. Plan a Trip – Adventures create some of the best memories. I’ve done annual trips a lone with Beckam since he was little and they are some of my most cherished moments.
  2. Go on a Hike
  3. Make A Treat Together – Honestly I am not the best cook! But I got on this chocolate chip cookie binge a couple weeks ago and made cookies three days in a row (I kept wanting to tweak the recipe) anyways B woke up for two weeks straight saying “Mommy – make cookies” and would pull his chair over to the counter. I’m not sure if he just wanted sugar for breakfast 😉 But I loved that he wanted to bake with me everyday.
  4. Splash Pad – I think all kids love playing in the water! 🙂
  5. Go to the Library – it’s so sad how much we all rely on technology. I am so guilty of it too! But books are still such a major part of kids lives! All the kids get so excited to go the library, I really need to make it their with them more! (I just need to be better about returning them on time 🙂 – I get late fees – always!)
  6. Hide and Seek – ok this seems so basic but toddlers especially can play this for hours!! I was dying the other day B climbed into one of the suitcases and legit popped out and yelled boo when I walked by I was dying laughing because usually his hiding places are like three feet away and he just turns and faces the wall and says “Mom come find me” and I pretend I don’t see him two feet in front of me lol.
  7. Art Class/Craft – Pinterest is the mecca for arts and crafts ideas! You can’t go wrong.
  8. Feed the Ducks – This was one of my favorite things to do as a kid and I love that he gets so excited to do this together!
  9. Fly Kites – A few weeks ago we randomly came across a kite festival in Salt Lake, we just wandered over to watch and the sweetest lady gave B one of her dollar kites and he thought it was the best thing in the world!
  10. Water Fight- I got B a dollar squirt bottle from those bins when you walk in the door at Target (not a squirt gun but the plastic mister bottles) and it is still one of his favorite toys! I think he has ruined our couches from spraying them but he loves chasing me around trying to spray me! I keep forgetting to pick another one up at the store so we can have a mini water fight 🙂

These are just a few ideas I hope they spawn some ideas of your own! Also I  saw a mom on pinterest put all her date night ideas for her kids in a box and she would let her kids draw and choose one on the day of their “date night” I love that idea for the older kids I am totally going to steal it 🙂 What are some of your favorite date night activities with your kids?

Pin for later:

10 mom and son date ideas

XX, Christine



source: Hello Fashion http://ift.tt/1UzJBel

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.