, , ,

Shoe of the month: Miu Miu - Runway Glitter Mary Janes

02:13



We are running out of days in this cold and dark November so let’s discuss this month’s shoe pick! I’ve spoken about a few classics like the Louboutin ‘So Kate’ and the Valentino ‘Rockstud’ so this time I’m phrasing a seasonal shoe that has been all over the press this fall, I would even say we are dealing with the shoe of AW15.

Already covered on my Instagram and as a teaser in my pervious post, we need to take a closer look at my beautiful Miu Miu glitter Mary Jane’s, as seen in their AW15 catwalk show. Long time readers know I’ve always had a soft spot for Prada and Miu Miu show shoes, they are a large part of my ‘collection’ and the pink boxes are the only ones I can’t bring myself to bin. This exact pair, that just dropped into the sale if you are US based, also comes in a flat version, lower heel in gold and a sneaker, but I am certain that I chose the most sought after version. This season, Miu Miu's shoe collection was (once again) stunning and there is a long list of non-glittery versions that would be quite amazing for daywear. You also have to take a look at these boots that made my choice very difficult. My life is literally, so hard.

In the beginning I was skeptical, thinking it’s so seasonal and maybe too much for my (mostly) minimal taste. But then again all these wise thoughts flew out the window when I spent a week in Milan over fashion week (I blame you, flamboyant Italians). This work of art had to be added to my collection and man, I have not regretted my decision about this modern day Cinderalla shoe! They literally seems to light up the street when I walk up. Too much of everything with the patent blue and glitter coat? Nah, let’s not forget my wardrobe is 90% black. I’ll manage.

Comfort: 5/5
Super comfortable and easy to walk in. The strap plays a key role comfort-wise and they stay on the foot even through a night of heavy dancing (tried).
Quality: 4.5/5 
Amazing finish as Miu Miu always tends to be, the only small minus would be that the glitter has shredded a bit with wear, but not so much you would notice it on the shoe.
Purchase price: €595 from the Miu Miu store in Milan, September 2015.
The price varies from £460 - £1170 depending on the finish and style. For European readers, I recommend Mytheresa for a great selection of Miu Miu shoes and for US based readers, your best bet is checking Saks 5th Ave or Net-a-Porter's sale
Sizing: Runs true to size.
I bought these in a 37, my usual size. Miu Miu tends to run on the big side so go down if you are in between sizes.


source: 5 inch and up http://ift.tt/1MZ8WeT

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.